How to use the Sync features
This feature helps control how and when the store data are synced.
This Overview tab allows you to manually trigger immediate sync in a certain scope.
Sync recent update
- Sync recent update is the process used for updating changes in your product data and some other app settings in general. We trigger this sync automatically and frequently every couple of minutes, so rest assured your product data is updated all the time.
- In the case where you need to see your changes reflected immediately right after changing product data or app settings, please trigger this Sync recent update process. The duration of this sync process is varied depending on the number of products in your store.
Sync multiple language data
Only available for stores using the Multiple language feature.
Please make sure that the Multiple languages/ translation app has been well installed on your theme before proceeding with integration.
The duration for sync multiple languages feature is long because it will update translations of all products. Therefore, please make all the necessary changes to products' multiple languages before clicking the Sync button.
Sync multiple currencies data
Only available for stores using the Multiple currencies feature.
If the price on your store is not converting, rounding or displaying correctly please use the Sync multiple currencies data feature to make it right. Shopify has also recently updated some more attributes to the multiple currencies feature, therefore, if it doesn't work even after syncing, please contact us for manual support at email@example.com.
Sync product item custom layout
Only available for stores using custom HTML codes for product item layout
If you're using custom code to modify the display of your product item, you may need to use this sync process to update the product item layout and prevent any unwanted layout issues on your frontend store.
Normally our app does show the sorting order exactly like the orders in your admin. However, if your collection is in Best-selling order, it requires some tweaks to make it works most flawlessly because Shopify doesn't return Best Selling ranking like other sorting types and requires us to get it by metafield, instead. Please follow exactly like the guide below to start syncing best selling order on all the themes having the app.
- Create your Boost All collection in your Shopify admin
From your Shopify admin, create an automatic collection with the details below:
- Name: Boost All
- Condition: Product price is greater than -1
- Sort: Best selling
- URL and handle: boost-all
- Make sure the collection availability is set up to be accessed on the Online Store. You can do this by clicking on the "Manage" button and check if the "Online Store" was enabled.
- (optional) If you want to hide this collection from SEO, feel free to follow this Shopify guide.
Here's an example of this collection:
- Sync best selling order with Product Filter & Search app
- Go to Product Filter & Search app. Select Sync on the menu bar
- From the sync type drop-down, select the Sync best selling sorting order option. And Select the Sync best selling sorting order button.
- Wait it out a little. The sync duration depends on how many products you've got.
- When completed please check if your sorting order's correct. If you need more help please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
After following the steps, our sync will base on the Boost All collection. Please don't change the conditions of this collection or remove it, as our app needs it for the sorting feature to work properly.
Here are the steps to create a sync schedule.
If you want to update a scheduled sync, click the "Edit schedule" button to change the start date and start time and save.
If you want to remove a scheduled sync, select "No sync scheduled" or disable the start date and start time.
Sync history displays all records of Manual sync, Auto-sync, and Scheduled sync in the last 30 days. A Sync event thumbnail includes:
- Sync type
- Triggered by Manual sync, Auto-sync, or Scheduled sync
- Time of sync event
- Sync Duration