How to create filter option or search by metafield
In this article, we will guide you how to create a filter option by product metafields or search by product metafields by using Boost "Metafields" feature.
By default, we support up to 5 metafields. If you need more product metafields or other metafield types added, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before adding metafield in the app admin, please ensure your products have metafield using a 3rd-party app or Shopify.
Step 1: Add your current metafield into Product Filter & Search app
Go to Menu
- Select Add new (metafield). Fill in the namespace and key information of your metafield (ie. info-StyleColor). Select Save.
- The Display checkbox is always checked by default. It means metafield data has been added to all products.
- The Search and Filter option checkboxes are not selected by default. Please enable Filter option if you wish to create a filter option by metafield or Search if the added metafield should be searchable.
Step 2: Searching and creating a filter option by metafield
After step 1, please wait about 3 mins for syncing before moving to this step 2.
- To create a filter option by the added metafield, go to Menu Filter. Select Manage filter trees.
- Select a filter tree you would like to add this new metafield filter option into and start creating from the metafield listed under Option type. Select and edit your filter option values (ie. Metafield-info-StyleColor). Select Save.
The added metafield now shows as a filter option type. When you do not add the metafields, its filter option will not appear).