- Showcase: https://boostcommerce.net/pages/showcase
- Demo store:
This step guides you on how to install the app and what happens during installation.
- In the first step of the installation, log in to your Shopify account and access https://apps.shopify.com/ or access Apps section from your admin page and click on Install app button.
- Next, you are prompted to select your preferred filter layout: Vertical or Horizontal.
- After that, our app will run two processes:
- Index data:
The app will fetch your Shopify data by synchronizing the product's and the collection's data
Product Filter and Search app will sync with Shopify data and use it to set conditions for creating filter options. The filter option is created based on product attributes (Product Options/Variants - Size, Color, etc, Tags, Vendor, etc.) so please make sure these attributes are available in your store.
- Auto-Setup process:
The app will automatically duplicate your live theme and rename the new theme as [Boost] Live theme with filter & search 1. You can test our features on this theme without affecting your live theme.
- Index data:
- You now can preview this duplicated theme with our app by clicking the Preview the filter button
- After looking into the theme, get back to the admin page and verify the setup. We are here to assist you if there is an issue.
- Finally, hit Take me to Homepage button to get into the app Homepage. You can continue to create your desired filters and manage advanced search features.
- Create your first filter tree
After installation, our app will automatically create 3 filter options (Product Type, Price, Vendor), you could manually Create more filter options (Size, Color, Length, Width, etc.) depending on your prepared database, or create different sets of filter options for different collections by creating Custom filter trees.
- What is a Filter Tree
- What is Filter Option
- What are Display Types of a Filter Option
- What are product attributes?
- How to create and manage Custom filter trees
- How to create more filter options by attributes (Product Options/ Product Tags/ Product Type/ etc.)
- How to create custom filter options by Tag
- How to create filter option by metafield?
- How to create range sliders from metafields, product options, or tags?
- How to create a Collection filter option?
- Edit your filter style to match your brand
- How to hide out-of-stock products/variants
- How to manually sort filter values
- How to display swatches in a filter option? (using Swatch settings)
- How to merge values in a filter option
- How to update pagination type
- How to display a collection without filter?
- How to translate texts in Filter
- How to change default sorting of a collection
- How to create or edit a sort by option?
- How to sort available products first
- Add a suggestion term so customers find products fast.
- How to show collections, blogs, and pages in search results?
- How to bring up product suggestions when search phrase returns no results?
- How to modify the product display in the Instant search widget?
- How to translate texts in Instant Search result
- Product Raking: Change the priority of a specific product on the search result page.
- Rule-based Merchandising: Change the priority of a specific group of products on the search result page.
- Redirect: direct to a specific page when searching a keyword(s).
- Synonyms: show results that have similar words to the search term.
- Stop Words: avoid bringing up results for specific search term(s).
- Product visibility: hide some products based on a specific tag.
- Preview your new filter and search to boost sales
- You are free to explore what you have set up without affecting your live theme.
To preview the theme with filter again, you could access the app > Theme > Theme Setup > Click Preview button next to [Boost] Live theme with filter & search 1 theme. [ Learn more]
Setting up Filter and Search
We prepare an onboarding list to help you familiarise yourself with our app.
You can change the color, the font, etc. to match the aesthetic of your store with this guide
Other filter advanced settings
If you don't know which is the best choice when setting up a filter tree, refer to Create filter tree best practice article.
The suggestion terms are built by an analysis process, which generates common terms found in product titles. You can change the priority orders of the popular suggestions of a search term using the Suggestion dictionary.
Other advanced search features
When you feel happy with the theme that has our app and want customers to use filter & search, publish that theme by following instructions via this link.
If you are using or plan to use some other apps on the collection pages/search result page, please follow our integration steps to make the 2 apps work properly together. You may find the apps listing that is well-integrated with us and the corresponding integration guide here.
If you encounter any problems or the apps you are using are not on this list, please contact us .
Our Analytics feature helps you analyze shoppers' behavior & navigation activities.