Set up Boost AI Search & Discovery
The process to install Boost AI Search & Discovery in your Shopify store and explore how it can help with your business growth is straightforward. There are some common issues stopping you from installing the app successfully that you can avoid.
On this page
- Set up Boost AI Search & Discovery in your Shopify store
- When you cannot install Boost AI Search & Discovery
Set up Boost AI Search & Discovery in your Shopify store
To avoid any possible conflict, it is recommendable to remove any old filter app before installing our app. You can install the app easily through the Shopify App Store by following these steps:
- Log in to the Shopify App Store.
- Find and click the app Boost AI Search & Discovery provided by Boost Commerce.
- On the app listing page, click Add app.
- In your Shopify admin, to authorize the use of the app, click Install app.
- On the app greeting banner, choose the answers that fit you the most.
- Select your preferred filter layout. You can have a look at demos of vertical layout and horizontal layout before selecting your preferred one.
- Wait until the app finishes running two processes.
- The first process involves fetching your Shopify store’s data and syncing it with Boost AI Search & Discovery. The app needs to fetch and sync the data for further implementation of the app’s features.
- The second process takes place when the app automatically duplicates your live theme and renames the duplicate theme as [Boost] Live theme with filter & search 1. You can test the app’s features on the duplicate theme without affecting your live theme. Your customers cannot see what you have done to this theme until you publish it.
- When your theme is on our supported theme list, the app will keep the layout of your current theme. Otherwise, the app will apply a Default layout for your store.
- Click Preview the filter to preview the duplicate theme.
- Verify the setup by choosing an answer that fits you the most.
- Enter your email address for more product updates.
- Click Take me to Homepage to start your journey with Boost AI Search & Discovery.
When you cannot install Boost AI Search & Discovery
Reach theme limits
To install Boost AI Search & Discovery successfully, your live theme has to be duplicated. A new theme will be created and added to your Theme page. You can add up to 20 themes on your Shopify account and up to 100 themes on your Shopify Plus account. If you reach your plan’s theme limit, our app cannot duplicate your live theme, resulting in an installation failure.
Therefore, when you reach your plan’s theme limit, you need to remove a theme before setting up Boost AI Search & Discovery.
Missing installation information of the app
When trying to install Boost AI Search & Discovery, you might see a black screen and keep receiving a message as “yourstore.myshopify.com redirected you too many times" (With yourstore is your real Shopify store name). Sometimes, the incident occurs because Shopify is unable to redirect your store to our installation page, and your store will miss the app’s installation information from our system.
You can follow these steps to fix the issue:
- Log in to your Shopify admin page.
- Go to Apps or yourstore.myshopify.com/admin/apps (Replace yourstore with your Shopify store name)
- Copy and paste this link to the browser bar:
App admin is showing as blank on Chrome
If you are using the Google Chrome browser, our app may occasionally show as blank. This incident may occur because your Chrome browser is blocking 3rd party cookies. To troubleshoot this issue:
- On your computer, open Chrome. At the top right, click More > Settings > Privacy and security > Cookies and other site data.
- Select an option:
- Allow all cookies.
- Block all cookies (not recommended).
- Block third-party cookies in Incognito.
- Block third-party cookies.
If you block third-party cookies, all cookies and site data from our app are blocked, even if the site is allowed on your exceptions list.
If you have trouble installing Boost AI Search & Discovery, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Check out an overview of Boost AI Search & Discovery dashboard: