Filtering products by using range sliders
With range slider filters, your customers can refine search results and only see products comprised in a specific range. Our app lets you build custom range sliders from not only values of price, weight, and variants' price, but also values of color, height, size, title, tags, and product Metafields. It is worth noting that this only works if you use numeric values.
Wanna grasp a real-quick piece of knowledge about the “range slider” filter option? Click here!
On this page
Add a Custom Range Slider to the app’s admin
You can easily create range sliders from values of price, weight, and variants' price when setting corresponding filter options and selecting Range in the drop-down of Option Display.
To offer a range slider from values of color, height, size, title, tags, and product Metafields in your filter tree, those values need to first be added to the app's admin.
Note: At the moment, our app can only build range sliders from numeric values. If you want to display values, which are not numerical, in the form of a slider, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
To import those values into the app's admin:
- From our app’s admin, go to Filter > Custom Range Sliders.
- Click Add custom range slider. Select the product attribute that you want to use its values to create a range slider in the drop-down of Product attributes. When you want to import Metafield values into the app’s admin to create a range slider, you need to make sure that:
- You have successfully added the Metafield to the app’s admin; and
- The Metafield’s values are numerical.
To build a range slider from values of a tag, after selecting Tag in the drop-down of Product attributes, if you want values from a specific tag, then you select Using prefix and fill in the prefix under the Filter the tags by a prefix heading.
For instance, you sell robot vacuums and you want to offer a range slider that lets your customers filter products by how much ground the vacuums can cover when fully charged. You add tags with the prefix spacearea: and corresponding values to those products. Then on the Edit custom range slider page, you enter spacearea:under the Filter the tags by a prefix heading to import all values of that tag into the app’s admin.
For example, the name can be Custom range slider 1, or Custom range slider 2. We suggest you memorize the corresponding names for further steps.
Note: The app allows you to create 12 range sliders. If you need more range sliders on your storefront, you can contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Create a Custom Range Slider
After adding values that you use to create a range slider to the app's admin, to offer a range slider in a filter tree on your storefront:
- Go to the Filter > Manage filter trees.
- Click the filter tree that you want to display the range slider filter.
- Click Add filter option.
- In the drop-down of Option Type, find the name of the custom range slider that you have been assigned after successfully adding its values to the app’s admin. Select it.
- In the Option label section, enter how you want this range slider to be named on your storefront.
- Customize slider range, slider step, and delimiter to your liking when:
- Slider range defines the number of ranges separated in the slider.
- Slider step specifies the size of each movement between values.
- Delimiter is the character used as the thousands separator and the character must be "." or ",".
- The following advanced setting will be provided:
- Hide value text boxes setting: when you disable this feature, your customers can manually adjust the range of values.
- Click Save on the Edit filter option page.
- Click Save on the Filter options page.
- Check how the new range slider appears on your storefront.
For instance, with the number 1000, when you fill in “ .” in the Delimiter section, the number will be displayed on your storefront as 1.000. You can leave this option empty to finish setting up the range slider.
In the example of selling robot vacuums, the range slider will be displayed on your storefront as the following: