How to use Product Ranking
The feature Product ranking is especially useful to configure the ranking of a single product in your customers' search results on the Search result page and in the Instant search widget. We currently support 5 types of ranking, including No ranking, Always prioritized, Matched search, Keyword search, and At the bottom.
Note: Product ranking feature only works with Relevance sorting on the search results page.
- Go to Merchandising menu > Choose Product Ranking.
- To search for the product and modify its ranking, type the product title or product ID into the search box. Press Enter.
Choose a ranking option:
- No ranking (default): the product is shown as it is, ranking unaffected.
- Always prioritized: the product is always pinned at the top of a search result no matter what your customers search for.
Note: This "Always prioritized" ranking option does not work in Instant search widget.
- Matched search: the product will be listed at the top of a search result if it's one of the results.
- Keyword search: the product will be listed at the top of search results if the assigned keyword(s) is searched for.
- User enter keywords into the keyword box, separated by comma
- At the Bottom: the product will be listed at the bottom of a search result if it's one of the results.
Choose the effective date range for this product ranking settings.
Date range options include:
- Next week: from next week Monday to next week Sunday
- Next month: from the beginning to the end of next month.
- Custom range: Choose the starting and ending date.
If not set, this date range will have no time limit and be effective forever. Click Save ranking.
- To see the already configured product with ranking, click on Ranking to sort in the following order and vice versa. Click arrow buttons to move between pages.
In product promotion, a product assigned with both Product ranking (single product promotion) and Rule-based merchandising (group products promotion) priority will follow the priority of Product ranking.
See how to modify the ranking of a group of products based on their product attributes.
Watch the tutorial to see how to use the Product Ranking feature: