How to merge values in a filter option
If you have too many tags or too many variant options (Light Blue, Dark Blue, Ice Blue, etc.), the customers will be confused. For example the filter option below:
We can group some values into one value to reduce the options.
For example, you have the value "Light Blue" and would like to merge it into both "Blue" & "Pastel".
In this case, our app only allows merging "Light Blue" into either "Blue" or "Pastel". It could not be merged into both values.
Note: Currently, we only support merging option by the following attributes:
- Product options like Color, Size, etc.
- Product Type
- Go to the Tool menu. Select Merged Values
- Add an option to merge value
- Select the type (product variant option, vendor, product type or tag).
- Add the current values and the value you would like to display.
- Click Save when done.
Go back to the app Homepage and Sync the data again.
Note: This step is very important. You will not see your new value if the data is not synced to update the new settings.
If your filter option uses All values type, you don't need to modify anything. Otherwise, if your filter option uses the manual values, you need to add the new merged value to the manual values list:
- If you are using the swatches filter option, you need to update the color image file of the merged value to get the swatch work properly.
- In our admin, all values will be displayed (the "old" values that were merged and the "new" values created by our tool). You only need to choose the "new value".
For instance, if you created merge value
Xsmall, XSmall ==> Xsmall> You will see both
XSmallin the filter option. With merge values option above, you should select
Xsmall.only because it works for both these 2 tags.