How to create custom filter options by Tag
Using prefixes is recommended but not compulsory. So if you prefer not to use prefixes, please refer to this guide.
- Add tags with a prefix to your products For instance, let's choose the prefix " performance" . You add a tag " performance:Hiking" to a specific product. You can add many tags with the same prefix to one product to match your needs.
- Create a filter option with tag and prefix
- In the Manage Filter Trees page, choose the filter tree & create a filter option with Tag as the Option type.
- Select Using prefix and enter the prefix.
- After you select the prefix, you have the option to remove tags you want to exclude. Enter the tags in the Excluded values field.
The text in the prefix field will be removed when displaying it in the front store. You can also select All values or Manual values and arrange them in your preferred orders.
Small tip: We support searching with the regex pattern. It can help to search the right terms if the data is too big or almost similar. For example, when you manually add tags, you could search the tags that end with "ing" (input ing$) or start with "be" (input ^be)
Please don't use prefixes with special characters such as ' or " . If you need more help please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org